The Foundation of Supplementation - March 2012
The importance of investing in our health is something we all need to remember. While the intricate details of what we consume and the activities we engage in are of obvious significance, the need for supplementation is often overlooked. Health food stores are filled with hundreds of products with almost countless applications. While there are condition-specific supplements required for some people, these top 5 foundation supplements will cover the bases for most. They address the significant nutritional concerns of a contemporary lifestyle including pH level, bone density, hormonal balance, free radical defense, cardiovascular protection, immune function, and cholesterol levels.
- Multivitamin and mineral Choose a formula that considers age, gender and level of activity and avoid the old-fashioned “one size fits all” formulas, the high potency one-a-day tablet, and the time-released versions. Choose a multi in a vegetable based capsule, designed to be taken more frequently to ensure optimal absorption and nourishment.
- Green food supplement A single serving of a quality greens formula is equivalent to six to eight servings of vegetables. They are highly alkaline and are packed with phytochemicals and trace nutrients that keep us well. Look for a comprehensive formula that includes vegetables from many different sources. Additional EFA’s, probiotics, fibre and digestive support are also welcome additions.
- Calcium Men, women, and post menopausal women all have very different calcium needs, so choose a product that considers both age and gender. Look for a formula that combines isolated and botanical sources of calcium in order to provide the greatest synergy. A large dose taken once will not offer all day protection, nor will it be efficiently absorbed. As a dose exceeds 400 to 500mg, the body’s ability to utilize calcium is impaired, and much of it is wasted. Taking a lower potency 2 or 3 times a day is a much more beneficial.
- Fish oil capsule High quality fish oils are a complementary array of multiple molecularly distilled small, cold water fish. The ideal fish oil also offers gender specific formulas with specific ratios and additional ingredients designed to satisfy the unique nutritional requirements of men and women.
- Berry Concentrate
Despite their more pleasant taste, fruits and berries are neglected nearly as often as vegetables. They are loaded with phytonutrients, polyphenols and natural antioxidants. If a green food supplement represents everything nutritious and wonderful about vegetables, then a berry supplement is equivalent to everything in fruit. The perfect strategy is to consume both a berry and a green food supplement every day. However, they digest in conflict with each other, and should be taken separately. We should all do our best to eat well and exercise regularly, but taking advantage of these foundation supplements equally as important. They offer the greatest compliment to your diet and the greatest impact on your overall health and well being. Health is the foundation our lives are built upon. Find the time and make the effort; the rewards are enormous.
Elaine's Bio: An active businesswoman and training athlete, who conducts seminars focusing on active lifestyle & healing nutrition, as well as raising consumer awareness about the natural health industry. - Elaine Munro Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Do you know the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease? They include:
MILD SYMPTOMS - Confusion and memory loss; disorientation; getting lost in familiar surroundings; problems with routine tasks; changes in personality and judgment.
MODERATE SYMPTOMS - Difficulty with activities of daily living, such as eating and bathing; anxiety; suspiciousness; agitation; sleep disturbances; wandering; pacing; difficulty recognizing family and friends.
SEVERE SYMPTOMS - Loss of speech; loss of appetite; weight loss; loss of bladder and bowel control; total dependence on caregiver.|
|The Samoan Highland Retreat|
|Specialty: Wellness Centers|
Samoan Highland Retreat is a boutique venue available for hire for wellness, yoga, workshops and spirituality retreats in tropical Samoa.
|Therapeutic Touch, Level One|
|Date: Oct 22, 2016|
Location: Kelowna & Central Okanagan
• Learn a non-invasive therapy using near touch & light touch
• Discover a method to help reduce pain & stimulate relaxation.
• Useful for people with chronic or catastrophic conditions
|Have you ever had a near-death experience, or do you know someone who has? Thousands of individuals have reported that they have. Today, there are many books, articles and full websites dedicated to exploring this phenomenon. Yet there is still a lot mystery surrounding NDEs. What if I told you that every person who has experienced an NDE, gave permission for it at a soul level before they incarnated on Earth? Interested?
|Best Ever Coleslaw Recipe|
Description: This recipe is best when you refrigerate at least eight hours or overnight.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Vegetables