|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2013
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Television Years |
|Did you know that by age 65, the average adult has spent the equivalent of 9 full years watching television? Make your TV time work for you. Combine it with physical activity or stretching. Ideas include floor exercises (push-ups, sit-ups, etc.), stationary cycling or treadmill walking, working with hand weights, resistance bands or balls, or performing a series of upper and lower body stretches.|
|Body-Wize with Ross Short CHP|
|Specialty: Structural Integration - Deep Tissue|
Body-Wize is a unique blend of four, stand alone, healing modalities: Hellerwork Structural Integration, Pilates Movement, Whole Body Vibration and Energy Work.
|Wise Women's Festival 2014|
|Date: Sep 19, 2014|
Location: Penticton & South Okanagan
50 instructors and 40 healers share for 3 days. Over 50 workshops to choose from. A festival store with great networking opportunities.
|150 Organic and Natural Gardening Tips ~ Part Three ~ 50 to 75|
|Let's start we the next 25 Tips, Hints, Tricks and Facts for Natural Gardening. March is all about getting ready for Spring and preparing for the summer growing season. It is a good time to start to make plans and plant something new every year. You never know what you might really enjoy and you get to learn something new every season. Read more tips for your garden...|
|Mackerel with Pine Nuts and Parsley|
Description: Fish are high in Omega oils. Mackerel and other oily fish are a great source of omega 3 fats, get a good dose with this simple recipe.
Mackerel is a slim and cylindrical shaped fish found in the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea and the Black Sea. Also the Pacific mackerel (American, blue or chub mackerel), Pacific Jack mackerel (horse mackerel) and Wahoo (ono). The fish is known to make a person’s blood fresh and thinner and prevent heart attacks.
Mackerel helps in reducing cancer-causing agents in cells, thus preventing the risk of different cancers.
It regulates the hormone level and makes blood vessels and capillaries more elastic.
By reducing blood coagulation, mackerel eliminates the deposition of cholesterol.
The fish also helps in reducing the bad cholesterol (LDL) and lowering blood pressure.
It prevents cardiovascular diseases, strengthens the immune system, improves functions of organs weakened by illness and regulates metabolism.
Mackerel helps in easing the pain of migraine, arthrosis and arthritis. It also improves brain activity and thus, enhances the memory.