|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2013
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Scheduling Exercise into Your Day|
|Getting enough exercise isn't always easy. It can be difficult to budget enough time into busy schedules. Some people make time by rising earlier in the morning, but that doesn't work for everyone. Others fit in a walk during a scheduled break in the day, for example, during a portion of the lunch hour. Stopping at a club, park or mall on the way home is another option that works for some people. Keep searching until you find one or more that work for you.|
|Certified Cancer Coach ~ Kane Consulting|
|Specialty: Registered Nurses |
Recently diagnosed with CANCER. Feeling alone, fearful, and confused. Are you dreading attending your Oncologist appointments and not knowing if you’re making the right decision about your care.
|Sound Healing Practitioner Training|
|Date: Jan 17, 2014|
Location: Vancouver, Victoria & Across BC
3 Day Sound Healing Practitioner Training includes a comprehensive 50 page manual including business and marketing. Certificate is also included.
|Gluten Free Holiday Travelling|
|At this time of year many people travel to be with family or friends for holidays or they travel to get away from the long weather. Traveling at this time of year can also be fraught with delays that can put flights behind or cancel them altogether. What can you do to minimize the added stress of needing to eat gluten free when you are stuck while traveling? Here are some suggestions that will make one part of your traveling a little less stressful....|
|Baked Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries|
|Category: Side Dishes|
Description: This red and green side dish is the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas dinner.
Brussels sprouts are available year round; however, they are at their best from autumn through early spring when they are at the peak of their growing season. Cooking methods include boiling, steaming and roasting. To ensure even cooking throughout, buds of a similar size are usually chosen. Some cooks will cut a cross in center of the stem to aid the penetration. Whatever cooking method is employed, overcooking is avoided.
Plant phytonutrients found in Brussels sprouts enhance the activity of the body's natural defense systems to protect against disease, including cancer.