|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2014
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|The Ideal Amount of Weight to Lift|
|To be effective, weight lifting should become difficult as you reach the last few repetitions of each set. According to fitness experts, to build strength, lift a weight that tires your muscles after 8-12 repetitions. This is normally an ideal amount of weight for you to work with.|
|El Colibri: Pathways of Love and Light|
|Specialty: Body Talk|
Rae-Marie Leggott offers Body Talk Sessions, AEP Angel Card Readings, and Assemblage Point Adjustments
|Reiki Levels 1 and 2 classes|
|Date: Mar 14, 2015|
Location: Kelowna & Central Okanagan
Classes are taught in my home and I create a relaxing, safe place to share this wonderful experience and it is fun and uplifting!$175 per level 350 for both. Anne Reid, Reiki Master/Teacher
|Injured? How to Speed Healing |
|Get back to enjoying your life! On any given day, over 27,000 people sprain an ankle. One in every 17 participants of sport and exercises are injured. Many of us incur sprains, strains, injured knees, swollen muscles, fractures, shin splints, low back injuries and so forth while conducting our normal daily lives. Never try to work through the pain of an injury. To prevent further damage, stop your activity when you feel...|
|Salty Granola Bars with Lentils Flour|
Description: Great homemade granola bars!
Lentils are popular amongst health enthusiasts. The antioxidants within lentils is a unique ingredient which provides the necessary folic acid for pregnant women.
Also rich in protein and low in fat, this pea provides an appreciable feeling of fullness. Contains many antioxidants - beneficial against the development of cardiovascular disease, cancer and other age-related diseases. Great Source of Iron - Essential for the formation of red blood cells and transporting oxygen in the blood. Very rich in vitamin B9 (folate)which is essential for pregnant women and ensures proper fetal development.Reduce the risk of neural tube defects in the fetus.
Necessary for the production of new cells and genetic material.
Lentils flour is also a High Source of Fiber which is beneficial for intestinal health. Helps prevent constipation. Reduces the risk of colorectal cancer. Reduces the levels of bad cholesterol. Contributes to the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Facilitates the control of glucose (blood sugar). Reduces the risks associated with diabetes when consumed regularly. Provides a sensation of fullness more quickly and thus facilitates achieving or maintaining a healthy weight.
Excellent Source of Phosphorus and Zinc.