|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2014
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Exercise-related over-hydration may occur during prolonged exercise or sports when fluid intake, including water and soda, exceeds fluid loss. If too much water dilutes the body's salts, it can cause brain cells to swell and push against the skull. For this reason, sports drinks often contain salt to balance the fluids. Over-hydrating can cause nausea, severe fatigue, disorientation, and vomiting. In the most severe cases it can also cause seizures, coma and even death. All endurance athletes who drink too much fluid, to quickly are at risk for over-hydration. Seek medical assistance if symptoms occur.|
|Resonance Repatterning® sessions with Kimberly Rex, MS|
|Specialty: Energy Workers|
Resonance Repatterning® sessions with Kimberly Rex, MS get to the heart of what you need to experience integrity in your wellness and well-being by phone,Skype,in-person or proxy.
|Date: Oct 18, 2015|
Location: Vernon & North Okanagan
BodyTalk Access is a one day certificate class that will teach you some of the most powerful techniques in the BodyTalk System. To register please email Heidi Reid...
|Clearing Skin in the Teenage Years|
|It can be heartbreaking to see your teenage son or daughter troubled by skin problems. Here are some great ideas to help correct the problem and keep those eruptions away for good.|
|Baby Spinach salad and Mixed beans with fresh balsamic herb dressing|
Description: Beans are a great idea for a supper side dish or for a quick lunch. This salad can be kept in the fridge for up to two days.
Consuming beans adds significant amounts of fiber and soluble fiber to a diet, with one cup of cooked beans providing between nine to thirteen grams of fiber. Soluble fiber can help lower blood cholesterol. Beans are also high in protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.
Balsamic has a rich tart taste, but the sweetness covers the tart flavor, making it very mellow. True balsamic vinegar is aged for between 3 and 12 years. Some balsamic vinegar is aged for up to 100 years, but they usually are very expensive. The Health Benefits of Balsamic is that it has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which make it an effective remedy for treating infections and wounds. Balsamic vinegar contains powerful antioxidant called polyphenols which fight cell damage and boost our immune system. The antioxidant in balsamic have also the potential to protect against heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory conditions. Balsamic can help boost the activity of the digestive enzyme pepsin thus improving metabolism.