|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2014
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Salad Dressing Calorie Control |
|Many people are eating more salads to boost vegetable consumption. However, drowning greens in high fat salad dressings can put a dent in your fat budget. If you regularly enjoy adding salads to your lunch or dinner, consider trying this way of applying the dressing. Place just 1-2 tablespoons of salad dressing in a large zip-lock bag or airtight container. Fill with salad, seal, and shake away! A small amount of dressing will lightly coat your greens and vegetables. |
|Being Wellness and Healing ~ Dylan Smeaton|
|Specialty: Body Talk|
Being Wellness & Healing is a wellness & information community that specializes in the importance of holistic awareness and living for everyone. Offering certified BodyTalk treatments...
|Are You Coming to Peru?|
|Date: Dec 11, 2016|
This is a 12 day journey in the Sacred Valley of Peru. Join like minded people this December and savor the energy Peru shares and contributes to the world.
|Sacred Sites and Earth’s Power Places|
|There are numerous sacred sites and power places all over the planet. What makes them sacred? Why do humans feel “power” emanating from the Earth? The answers are different for each person because we all feel things differently based on what is happening with our spiritual core, our connection with Gaia (Mother Nature), and our Akashic maturity (our cumulative past lives).|
|Layer Cake with Strawberries, Lentils, & Coconut-Chocolate|
Description: Did you freeze some strawberries this summer?
This recipe is the perfect way to use those delicious fruits!
Buckwheat flour, a timeless classic!
Ground on the old stone, this flour can be use for a wide variety of recipes. Greyish in appearance, its color is a proof of its high content in rutin, a flavonoid antioxidant-rich. With its high nutrient content, buckwheat flour is one of the healthiest on the market. Vary your favorite bread, cakes, muffins and biscuits recipes by adding buckwheat flour.
What Are the Healthy Benefits of Buckwheat Flour?
Excellent source of copper. Essential for the formation of red blood cells and various hormones.
Helps fight against free radicals, which are harmful to the body.
Good source of magnesium
Good source manganese
High in soluble fiber
Source of iron
Source of zinc
Source of Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
Source of Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)