|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2014
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Exercising in Cold Weather |
|Dressing in layers helps your body hold its heat and prevents the retention of perspiration on your skin. Try these tips to get the most out of the layering: 1. Wear a thin layer of synthetic microfibers such as polypropylene closest to your skin. Synthetics tend to wick sweat away; 2. The next layer is for insulation. A front zipper will allow easy release of extra heat and perspiration; and 3. The top layer should be windproof and waterproof. In extremely cold weather, an extra layer of microfibers or goose down inside the shell traps even more heat.|
|Intuitive Reiki Counsellor - Naomi Miller |
Break down emotional walls, and change core beliefs. Transformation that quickly creates positivity and incredible change in your life.
|Raynor Naturopathic Massage - 5 Day Certificate (Kelowna)|
|Date: Aug 10, 2015|
Location: Kelowna & Central Okanagan
This 5 day introductory Massage Certificate (35 Hours) course allows students to quickly develop their skills and begin to massage effectively, assisting their client’s healing journeys.
|The Facts Behind “The Law of Attraction”|
|Goodness, If I had a dime for every time I heard a person say to me; “Yes, I saw the movie and The Law of Attraction is about thinking about what you want and you will get it”,.... Well, let me set the record straight right now; No, that is not true, it is not even close to true!!...
|Crustless Broccoli Quiche|
|Category: Main Meals|
Description: Quiches are easy and versatile. Although by the usual definition, a quiche must be in a crust, it isn't necessary.The health benefits of this low-fat quiche is the protein from the eggs beaters, calcium from the cottage cheese and milk, and vitamin C and folate from Broccoli. This quiche is usually served with a salad or sliced raw vegetables.