|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2014
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Cream Alternate for Coffee |
|Try soy milk in place of cream, Half & Half or whole milk in your coffee this week. It has less total fat and saturated fat, is rich in nutrients, and adds a pleasantly nutty taste.|
|Akashic Records with Alara|
|Specialty: Card Readings|
Akashic Records Readings. Find answers,Release the past,Re-align. Understand your soul's journey. The Akashic Records are the database of all your past choice. Release your karma, Find inner peace.
|Circle Dance Ireland Tour 2016 |
|Date: Sep 17, 2016|
Sacred Circle Dance - Ireland Tour 2016 with Argentina’s Dance Instructors Pablo Scornik & Sergio Malqui and with Irish Seabhean & Guide Maria O'Farrell Carr - September Saturday 17th to 28th, 2016.
|The Bach Flower remedies....sooo much more than just Rescue Remedy|
|By Deborah Burnip. You may already be familiar with those small, bright yellow boxes containing Rescue Remedy that sit on the shelf of your local health food store in the calm or homeopathic section. I carry one in every bag I own and give a bottle to family members for any occasion. However, the Bach Flower remedy therapy is sooo much more because....|
|Basil Tomato Cream Cheese Frittata|
|Category: Main Meals|
Description: Frittata is the Italian word for omelette. Frittatas are prepared differently than omelettes, usually started on the stovetop and finished under the broiler. The result is an egg dish that is firm, and nicely brown on the top and edges. Frittatas require an ovenproof skillet for preparation, but no other special equipment. These are great dishes to highlight fresh, seasonal ingredients or a perfect way to utilize leftovers.
Frittatas are perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Once cooked, they can be served hot, or cooled and served at room temperature. This flat omelette style dish will serve 4 to 6 people easily, often many more, as a frittata can have a dozen eggs or more in the dish along with fillers such as cheese, meat, and vegetables.