|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2013
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Vegetarian Diets and Iron |
|Are you a vegetarian or mostly a vegetarian? Dieticians recommends consuming plenty of iron rich plant foods such as lentils, kidney beans and black beans, and whole grains. Iron-enriched products such as cereals and breads are also good sources. To enhance iron absorption, consume vitamin C rich foods too. These include orange juice, green peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, and broccoli. By following these simple guidelines, most non-meat eaters will get enough iron.|
|Being Wellness and Healing ~ Dylan Smeaton|
|Specialty: Body Talk|
Being Wellness & Healing is a wellness & information community that specializes in the importance of holistic awareness and living for everyone. Offering certified BodyTalk treatments...
|Healthy Solutions To Feel Better Living with Chronic Pain|
|Date: Feb 1, 2015|
Location: Kelowna & Central Okanagan
Transformational workshop for people living with chronic pain to be able to integrate effective, healthy solutions to improve health, decrease pain and allow greater function, quality of life and joy.
|3 to 5 Second Meditation|
|As our world seems to speed up, more and more demands press on us; stress, anxiety and often overwhelm are the result. For many a meditative practice is very helpful for combatting these stresses. But not everyone can find the time or just don’t seem to be able to cultivate a meditative practice. For these people the 3 to 5 Second Meditation is ideal. It is a very beneficial practice that is very easy to do.|
|Mexican Vegetable Bake|
|Category: Vegetarian Entrees|
Description: Turn a tray of roasted vegetables into a spicy meal by adding kidney beans, a tomato sauce and a cheesy topping. This should prove a popular dish for teenaged vegetarians and is great served with warmed soft tortillas. It also uses garlic, pepper, fennel bulb, zucchini, and artichoke hearts.