|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2013
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Exercise-related over-hydration may occur during prolonged exercise or sports when fluid intake, including water and soda, exceeds fluid loss. If too much water dilutes the body's salts, it can cause brain cells to swell and push against the skull. For this reason, sports drinks often contain salt to balance the fluids. Over-hydrating can cause nausea, severe fatigue, disorientation, and vomiting. In the most severe cases it can also cause seizures, coma and even death. All endurance athletes who drink too much fluid, to quickly are at risk for over-hydration. Seek medical assistance if symptoms occur.|
|Norma Cowie Enterprises ~ Psychic Readings|
|Specialty: Psychics & Mediums|
I am available for , Psychic Clearing of Blocks in person by phone, email or Skype. I also faciliate Group gatherings, workshops and lectures. Products are also available.
|Ancient Ireland, Holiday & Music Tour with Maria O’Farrell Carr & Nancy Rebecca (September)|
|Date: Sep 8, 2014|
A fun-filled & relaxing tour of Ireland - Irish landscapes, seascapes, castles, Traditional live Irish music at night, lots of fun tours, surprises, laughter & CRAIC! ONLY 4 ROOMS LEFT!
|Fight infection and boost the immune system with a healthy diet|
|Two recent studies support the increasing fruit and vegetable consumption to boost the immune system. In one study, older adults aged 65 to 85 who increased fruit and vegetable consumption to at least five servings a day showed a significantly greater response to a pneumonia vaccine compared to those in a control group and...|
|Steamed Asparagus with Lemon|
|Category: Vegetarian Entrees|
Description: Steamed asparagus with lemon is the perfect side dish. Not only is it easy to make, it has few ingredients. Completely foolproof!
Asparagus is amongst the oldest known herb to mankind. Asparagus is a herb which is rich in all the essential nutrients of the food. •The antioxidants present in asparagus, help prevent the growth of cancerous cells in the body.
•Mineral content in asparagus juice is also helpful in controlling blood sugar levels.
•Asparagus is also good for the heart. Sufficient quantities of asparagus juice with some raw honey mixed, if consumed twice to thrice in a day, is healthy for the heart and also helps in heart enlargement.
•Asparagus has also been found to be preventing multiple sclerosis, bladder and urinary tract infections.
•Asparagus is also helpful for people suffering from high blood pressure, as it lowers down the blood pressure levels.
•Moreover, it is also beneficial for nursing mothers, as it helps increase milk generation.
•Asparagus also possesses antiviral and anti fungal properties.
Cooked asparagus also retains its nutritional value and is equally beneficial for our health.