|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2014
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|Bananas are easy to eat fruit! The average banana contains 95 calories which makes them a good snack choice, it will fill the hunger gap until the next meal. For a pudding, make your own banana split with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle of home made granola.|
|Specialty: Psychics & Mediums|
Psychic with over 30 years of experience,Therapeutic Touch, PSYCH-K. Chakra readings. Workshops. Keynotes. Clear and practical advice. Call toll-free 855-755-5887. Reach me on my cell at 250-863-5505.
|Holistic Market Okanagan |
|Date: Sep 18, 2016|
Location: Kelowna & Central Okanagan
The Holistic Market brings together healing arts practitioners, artists, holistic vendors & speakers in Kelowna every month. Market dates are Sundays 11-4
| The legend of how the Irish got their language and freckles|
|The Gaels told the gods that they had come from: “The land of the Gael, a small island in the far west at the edge of the great ocean where once stood fair Atlantis.” The gods knew that the |
|Sandra's Raw Pad Tai|
|Category: Raw Foods|
Description: Raw food is teaming with enzymes. Enzymes are the catalyst for every human function. We are born with a battery of enzymes but as we grow and continue eating the standard North American diet, the enzymes supplied by our body are used up to help run a nutritionally starved body. They need to be replaced. This is where a raw food diet comes into play. The more raw food you eat, the more you charge your enzyme battery and the better you feel. When you put this terrific food into your digestive system it begins to clear your blood and other body fluids of toxins and soon you find that you are filled with energy and vitality and weight concerns become a thing of the past.
Here is a dinner idea that you can adapt into many useful raw food dishes