|OK In Health - The Body Knows|
Top Ten Healthy Aging Secrets - March 2014
Everyone wants to live a fulfilling life. Our purpose is to be all that we were intended to be and to reach our full potential. Here is my list of healthy-aging secrets:
1. Be on purpose. Albert Schweitzer one of my childhood inspirational mentors, said that we should seek a purpose that occupies us fully and one in which there is never an end. An unfolding purpose keeps us engaged in life.
2. Keep the body clear and free of toxins. Poisons and addictions weaken the system and prevent us from having the energy and stamina to live vibrantly. Exercise daily and drink more water. After age 50 consider hormone balancing.
3. Meditate, pray or take time to be quiet every day. In this deep state of repose time seems to stand still and the aging process slows down. There are well known benefits of meditation – even 5 minutes a day has a healing effect.
4. Laugh and enjoy life. Laughter is healing and youth promoting. We have fewer lines and wrinkles when we can share a laugh with others and laugh at ourselves.
5. Be at peace with what is. One of my favorite authors and presenters, Byron Katie speaks of "Loving What Is." Just by accepting things as they are, creates a state of peace through which circumstances can change. The wisdom of maturity encourages us to move into the noble art of surrender – a trait that is often elusive to the young.
6. Be an inspiration - as you uplift others, you uplift yourself. Being positive keeps us young. Your every thought and action has the effect of inspiring or depressing those around you.
7. Get up early with the dawn - smell the flowers and listen to the birds - you have the world to yourself for a while. This is a great gift – to rejoice and be part of the awakening earth.
8. Get into bed by around 10pm and connect to the healing power of sleep.
9. Be at peace with your past, your parents, your childhood memories and your mistakes - everything has made you who you are today. As we forgive, a healing current enters the body and our burdens are much lighter.
10. Rejoice and give thanks for the fact you are alive. Many people would give anything to be you!
Caroline's Bio: Best-selling author (The Body 'Knows') and medical intuitive Caroline Sutherland. Medical Intuition is the ability to see beyond the normal levels of perception and if you are looking for answers to your health concerns – the common health problems that affect us all. Caroline offers a FREE Monday night Teleconference. Caroline will answer your health-related questions and offer “spot readings” giving you a fascinating glimpse into the world of medical intuition. If you are constantly tired, have cravings, gain weight or have health challenges - this show is for you! - Caroline Sutherland Website
Copyright © 2004- 2011 OKinHealth.com. This article is of the copyright of OK in Health and the author; any reproduction, duplication and transmission of the article are to have prior written approval by OK in Health or the author.
This information and research is intended to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All material in this article is provided for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this newsletter / e-magazine / website. Readers should consult their doctor and other qualified health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. The information and opinions provided in this newsletter / e-magazine/website are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors. Readers who fail to consult with appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. The publisher is not responsible for any errors or omissions. OK in Health is not responsible for the information in these articles or for any content included in this article which is intended as a guide only and should not be used as a substitute to seeking professional advice from either your doctor or a registered specialist for yourself or anyone else.
Connect with Us
|A Golfing Workout |
|By walking and carrying your clubs, you can make golf into a decent calorie burning activity. Here's a rough example for a 190 pound man and a 135 pound woman. They carry clubs and play for 4 hours per week. The man burns an extra 170 calories per hour and would eventually weigh about 8 pounds less! Numbers for the woman are roughly 120 calories extra per hour and 5-6 pounds less.
|Akashic Records with Alara|
|Specialty: Card Readings|
Akashic Records Readings. Find answers,Release the past,Re-align. Understand your soul's journey. The Akashic Records are the database of all your past choice. Release your karma, Find inner peace.
|Approaching Emotions and Wisdom through the Dhyani Buddhas with Lama Lena|
|Date: Aug 2, 2016|
Location: Kelowna & Central Okanagan
The Dhyani Buddhas represent the basic mandala in ourselves, our environment and in the cosmos. Each represents a negative quality and the transformed aspect of that which is natural wisdom.
|How Can I Connect with My Guides and Angels?|
|All of us have numerous Guides and Angels that love to assist us with guidance and clarity. We all have at least one Guardian Angel that is with us from birth to our transition and many other Guides, Angels, Archangels, Elementals and Power Animals work with us throughout our lives.|
|Hearty Lentil and Squash Vegetarian Stew|
|Category: Vegetarian Entrees|
Description: This is a great Weight Loss Recipe
Superb way to strengthen kidneys and adrenals. Helping to cope with anxiety better.
Health Benefits of Squash are a very good source of vitamins B1 and C, folic acid, pantothenic acid, fiber, and potassium. Squash is also a good source of vitamin B6 and niacin. Choose a squash that is in season.
The Health Benefits of lentils are that they are very rich in protein (about 26%), folic acid, and both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. Lentils are also very high in Vitamin C and the B vitamins, and contain eight of the essential amino acids. They also contain many trace minerals. Lentils are one of the highest sources of antioxidants found in winter growing legumes.
The soluble fiber in lentils also helps eliminate cholesterol, since it binds to it, reducing blood cholesterol levels. There is also evidence to prove that lentils can slow the liver's manufacture of cholesterol, which similarly helps to reduce levels in the body.
Lentils for Weight Loss
Because insoluble fiber is indigestible and passes through the body virtually intact, it provides few calories. And since the digestive tract can handle only so much bulk at a time, fiber-rich foods are more filling than other foods, so people tend to eat less.