It's been proven that about 80% of computer users look up
contact information online, versus checking the phone book!
How do we Promote OK In Health?
Marketing Advisors always says "to invest 10% into promotions" - but OK In Health believes in doing more!
OK In Health prides it’s self in being the main Health & Healing Website that invests heavily into marketing their website.
We believe in reaching the mainstream public, as well as like-minded people. We need to invest in advertising in many marketing avenues.
In today’s market it is very hard to find low cost advertising. OK In Health provides low cost listing rates and collectively re-invests that back into promoting OK In Health and our listed events.
Our most successfully promotion is by our members themselves, which sign up for their free e-magazine, and invite friends to also sign up and join this network. It is because of the tremendous support from our members and local communities that OK In Health has become the #1 website for Health & Healing workshops, events, practitioners, articles, contests, specialty care and information.
Here is a sample of the Promotions, Marketing and Advertisements OK In Health invests in:
OK In Health's Weekly Health Columns - 'A Healthy Focus' by Ok In Health
OK In Health writes a weekly health column in five south Okanagan newspapers. 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010... One is the The Keremeos Review which serves the communities of Keremeos, Hedley, Cawston, Okanagan Falls and the Similkameen Valley. Published every Thursday, The Review is part of the Black Press group of newspapers.
TV - Advertisements
Past TV - Interviews featuring OK In Health
Shaw Cable - OK To-day Show.
Aired all along the Okanagan Valley. A 5 minute show all about OK In Health winning the "Health & Fitness Educator Award" at the South OKanagan Health Fair. February 2008
Okanagan TV listings Shaw Cable - OK To-day Show.
Aired all along the Okanagan Valley. A 7 minute show all about the success of the Okanagan Integrative Health Info Center – OK In Health. April 2005
Shaw Cable - OK To-day Show. with Chris Stormer and her Reflexology Workshop. Mentioning OK In Health as the host sponsor who invited and arranged for Chris to come to the Okanagan from South Africa. August 2005
Past write ups or articles - in Newspapers/Magazine featuring OK In Health
* May 2008 - HAAO Newsletter - write up about OK In Health's community website
* March 2008 - Maria Carr of OK In Health wins the SOWINS, Health & Wellness Award - Penticton Herald
* February 28, 2008 - "OK In Health wins 2008 Health Award" in the Keremeos review
OK In Health receives the Health & Fitness Community Educator Award - MLA Rick Thorpe presents the award to Maria Carr of OK In Health with Mr. Paul Torreggiani of Pfizer and Dr. Gerry Karr chair of the Health Fair
* March 2007 - Article on OK In Health in the South Okanagan newspaper
* March 15 2006 - Penticton Herald, Business page B4, John Singleton's column on "How’s Biz?"
"Health and wellness is available to us to get over the bumps in life and one of the easiest places to locate information about workshops is at www.OK In Health.com. This website will provide information about not only workshops, but also events, contests, tips, and recipes and a directory of practitioners, support groups, related businesses and general info on several disciplines in traditional and natural health practices." Click in to see what is new and helpful to you.- Review by John Singleton
* 2006 - Full page articles write up in Issues Magazine
* August 10th 2005 - Kelowna Courier Newspaper- “Website a Resource for Healthy Living”
* Okanagan Woman creates Health network
* August 9th 2005 - 1/2 page article about OK In Health in the Penticton Herald - "Local Women offers Integrative health site" (+ intro on front page)
* July 1, 2005 - Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce - Read introduction in their newsletter
* October 2005 - BRITISH COLUMBIA RAC CHAPTER - Newsletter RAC BC Reflexology
* Issues Magazine - BC & Alberta
* Aromascent Journal - Across Canada & USA
* Common Ground - Vancouver, BC
* Saddle Up - Canada`s Equine Magazine
* Okanagan newspaper events Penticton Herald
* Penticton Western Advertiser
* Penticton Western Daily News
* Kelowna Courier
* The Keremeos Review
* Kootenays Express News
* and more
* Desert Connections
* Kootenays Pennywise
* Castlegar/Slocan Valley Pennywise
* Trail/Beaver Valley -Pennywise
* Nelson/Salmo Pennywise
* and more
Brochures, Leaflets, & Posters
* We distribute Poster all along the Okanagan Valley, Kootenays, Vancouver, Vancouver Island, across BC & Alberta, USA, & Ireland
* Pamphlets distributed at many parades like the Penticton PeachFest Parade
* Health shows in Penticton, Kelowna, Keremeos, Vernon, and Vancouver
* At local movies and events
* Each person that signs up for OK In Health Newsletter, Workshops, Practitioners or event listings is offered Brochures, Posters and Leaflets to share the news about OK In Health
* Hospital, Health Stores, Support groups, Health Forums, and at many events
* and more
Hits and Stats for OK In Health
OK In Health Risings StatsSearch engine responses - Ranked 5/10 By Google.
400 unique Visits a day = 400 people visiting each day
300,000.00 Hits - a month = Over 3 Million Hits a year!
3,000+ OK In Health Members
Links - Websites that Support OK In Health
* Positively Outrageous Women - Vancouver, BC
* Celtic Healing Center – Penticton Reflexology & Healing Touch Treatments
* Whole Spectrum Healing, Ireland & Wise Woman Weekend in Ireland
* Penticton Community Directory
* Okanagan Info Net Directory
* HAAO - Healing Arts Association of the Okanagan
* HANS - Health Action Magazine
* Children of the New Earth
* Reflexology Association
* Pacific Institute of Reflexology
* Ferlow Botanicals
* 4 HORSES FORMULAS
* TrueLight Communications
* A Funny Business
* Pro Health Journal
* Healing Arts Association
* EarthStar Connection
* Retreats on Line– Canada & USA
* Canam College
* ihealthplanet – women's health question
* The Apothecary
* Walking Reflexology
* Awakening Intuition: Using Your Mind-Body Network for Insight and Healing
* Book Review website
* Meditation website
* Subconscious Mind and Hypnosis
* Yemaya Horse Retreat
Connect with Us
|Nut Nutrition |
|Nuts are a good source of protein, fiber, and beneficial fats. Almonds, walnuts, peanuts, and peanut butter are rich sources of heart healthy monounsaturated fats which lower LDL (bad) cholesterol when substituted for saturated fat. Walnuts also contain omega 3 fatty acids which help prevent inflammation, reduce blood clot formation, lower triglycerides. Nuts are a calorie dense food so keep portion size is mind. Consider sprinkling nuts on salads, adding them to whole grain side dishes, or using as a topping for a yogurt/fruit parfait.|
|Daydream Esthetics Studio with Deanna Klan|
Deanna Klan has an impressive line-up of facial techniques including crystal therapy, healing energy and harmonic frequencies. Using organic and wild-crafted skin care products.
|Holistic Market Okanagan |
|Date: Sep 18, 2016|
Location: Kelowna & Central Okanagan
The Holistic Market brings together healing arts practitioners, artists, holistic vendors & speakers in Kelowna every month. Market dates are Sundays 11-4
|The “F” Word|
|Now that got your attention didn’t it? I’m not talking about that “F” word. I’m talking about another “F” word. Fun. (okay, altogether, groan out loud!) Did that make you smile, or did you feel annoyed because it seemed to be a ruse? It may not be an original ‘play’ of this letter, but regardless, acknowledge how you felt and read on. Having fun is a great way to.....|
|Banana Whole-Wheat Bread|
Description: Native to the Caribbean and Central America, bananas are one of America's favorite fruits. They are rich in potassium - one banana contains 450 mg of potassium, one-fifth of the adult daily requirement - and offer a fair share of magnesium (33 mg), too. In addition, bananas help to strengthen the stomach lining and are good for soothing indigestion.
Most banana bread recipes are saturated with butter and sugar. This one uses a small amount of canola oil instead - which is much better for your heart - and honey, which of course means lots of flavor.
Don't use regular whole-wheat flour. It is too heavy for this recipe. Look for whole-wheat pastry flour instead.