It's been proven that about 80% of computer users look up
contact information online, versus checking the phone book!
How do we Promote OK In Health?
Marketing Advisors always says "to invest 10% into promotions" - but OK In Health believes in doing more!
OK In Health prides it’s self in being the main Health & Healing Website that invests heavily into marketing their website.
We believe in reaching the mainstream public, as well as like-minded people. We need to invest in advertising in many marketing avenues.
In today’s market it is very hard to find low cost advertising. OK In Health provides low cost listing rates and collectively re-invests that back into promoting OK In Health and our listed events.
Our most successfully promotion is by our members themselves, which sign up for their free e-magazine, and invite friends to also sign up and join this network. It is because of the tremendous support from our members and local communities that OK In Health has become the #1 website for Health & Healing workshops, events, practitioners, articles, contests, specialty care and information.
Here is a sample of the Promotions, Marketing and Advertisements OK In Health invests in:
OK In Health's Weekly Health Columns - 'A Healthy Focus' by Ok In Health
OK In Health writes a weekly health column in five south Okanagan newspapers. 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010... One is the The Keremeos Review which serves the communities of Keremeos, Hedley, Cawston, Okanagan Falls and the Similkameen Valley. Published every Thursday, The Review is part of the Black Press group of newspapers.
TV - Advertisements
Past TV - Interviews featuring OK In Health
Shaw Cable - OK To-day Show.
Aired all along the Okanagan Valley. A 5 minute show all about OK In Health winning the "Health & Fitness Educator Award" at the South OKanagan Health Fair. February 2008
Okanagan TV listings Shaw Cable - OK To-day Show.
Aired all along the Okanagan Valley. A 7 minute show all about the success of the Okanagan Integrative Health Info Center – OK In Health. April 2005
Shaw Cable - OK To-day Show. with Chris Stormer and her Reflexology Workshop. Mentioning OK In Health as the host sponsor who invited and arranged for Chris to come to the Okanagan from South Africa. August 2005
Past write ups or articles - in Newspapers/Magazine featuring OK In Health
* May 2008 - HAAO Newsletter - write up about OK In Health's community website
* March 2008 - Maria Carr of OK In Health wins the SOWINS, Health & Wellness Award - Penticton Herald
* February 28, 2008 - "OK In Health wins 2008 Health Award" in the Keremeos review
OK In Health receives the Health & Fitness Community Educator Award - MLA Rick Thorpe presents the award to Maria Carr of OK In Health with Mr. Paul Torreggiani of Pfizer and Dr. Gerry Karr chair of the Health Fair
* March 2007 - Article on OK In Health in the South Okanagan newspaper
* March 15 2006 - Penticton Herald, Business page B4, John Singleton's column on "How’s Biz?"
"Health and wellness is available to us to get over the bumps in life and one of the easiest places to locate information about workshops is at www.OK In Health.com. This website will provide information about not only workshops, but also events, contests, tips, and recipes and a directory of practitioners, support groups, related businesses and general info on several disciplines in traditional and natural health practices." Click in to see what is new and helpful to you.- Review by John Singleton
* 2006 - Full page articles write up in Issues Magazine
* August 10th 2005 - Kelowna Courier Newspaper- “Website a Resource for Healthy Living”
* Okanagan Woman creates Health network
* August 9th 2005 - 1/2 page article about OK In Health in the Penticton Herald - "Local Women offers Integrative health site" (+ intro on front page)
* July 1, 2005 - Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce - Read introduction in their newsletter
* October 2005 - BRITISH COLUMBIA RAC CHAPTER - Newsletter RAC BC Reflexology
* Issues Magazine - BC & Alberta
* Aromascent Journal - Across Canada & USA
* Common Ground - Vancouver, BC
* Saddle Up - Canada`s Equine Magazine
* Okanagan newspaper events Penticton Herald
* Penticton Western Advertiser
* Penticton Western Daily News
* Kelowna Courier
* The Keremeos Review
* Kootenays Express News
* and more
* Desert Connections
* Kootenays Pennywise
* Castlegar/Slocan Valley Pennywise
* Trail/Beaver Valley -Pennywise
* Nelson/Salmo Pennywise
* and more
Brochures, Leaflets, & Posters
* We distribute Poster all along the Okanagan Valley, Kootenays, Vancouver, Vancouver Island, across BC & Alberta, USA, & Ireland
* Pamphlets distributed at many parades like the Penticton PeachFest Parade
* Health shows in Penticton, Kelowna, Keremeos, Vernon, and Vancouver
* At local movies and events
* Each person that signs up for OK In Health Newsletter, Workshops, Practitioners or event listings is offered Brochures, Posters and Leaflets to share the news about OK In Health
* Hospital, Health Stores, Support groups, Health Forums, and at many events
* and more
Hits and Stats for OK In Health
OK In Health Risings StatsSearch engine responses - Ranked 5/10 By Google.
400 unique Visits a day = 400 people visiting each day
300,000.00 Hits - a month = Over 3 Million Hits a year!
3,000+ OK In Health Members
Links - Websites that Support OK In Health
* Positively Outrageous Women - Vancouver, BC
* Celtic Healing Center – Penticton Reflexology & Healing Touch Treatments
* Whole Spectrum Healing, Ireland & Wise Woman Weekend in Ireland
* Penticton Community Directory
* Okanagan Info Net Directory
* HAAO - Healing Arts Association of the Okanagan
* HANS - Health Action Magazine
* Children of the New Earth
* Reflexology Association
* Pacific Institute of Reflexology
* Ferlow Botanicals
* 4 HORSES FORMULAS
* TrueLight Communications
* A Funny Business
* Pro Health Journal
* Healing Arts Association
* EarthStar Connection
* Retreats on Line– Canada & USA
* Canam College
* ihealthplanet – women's health question
* The Apothecary
* Walking Reflexology
* Awakening Intuition: Using Your Mind-Body Network for Insight and Healing
* Book Review website
* Meditation website
* Subconscious Mind and Hypnosis
* Yemaya Horse Retreat
Connect with Us
|What Affects Iron Absorption?|
|Iron supplementation can be beneficial for some people who are at risk of deficiency such as pregnant women, female athletes or women with heavy menstrual cycles. To get the most out of iron supplements, avoid taking them with coffee, tea or milk. These beverages contain substances that can inhibit the absorption of iron. Wait 90 minutes or more to drink coffee, tea or milk, after taking iron. Vitamin C and meat proteins can improve iron absorption. Check with your physician before adding an iron supplement to your diet.|
|Wind in the Willow Creative & Healing Arts Studio|
|Specialty: Art Therapy|
Cindi certified art therapist, facilitates creative client centered psycho-therapeutic healing. Dru yoga instruction is a unique blend of chi gong, traditional yoga and mindful breathing.
|Spiritual Heart Hawaiian Cruise 2017 ( Vancouver Round-trip)|
|Date: Sep 17, 2016|
Location: USA – all other parts
15 nights Enlightenment cruise to Hawaii that includes International speakers Seminars, readings & healing sessions, 5 days island hopping on Hawaiian Islands, a Hawaiian sacred ceremony on Pele Volcano and more
|St. Bridgit and her Sacred Cross|
|There is the Celtic Goddess Bridget and the Saint Bridget which some believe to be the same. Saint Bridget was born on February 1st 450 and died on February 1st 525. In every home in Ireland you will find a St. Bridget's cross hung by the door...|
|Roast Turkey Roll Stuffed With Fruit, Nuts and Camembert Stuffing|
|Category: Holiday Recipes|
Description: Holiday Dinner all rolled into one.
There are about 32g of protein in a 4-oz. serving of turkey, making it a very good source of these essential amino acids. Just one serving of turkey provides 65 percent of your recommended daily intake of protein.
Protect Yourself From Cancer. A little-known health benefit of turkey is that it contains trace minerals thought to aid in cancer prevention. Turkey contains selenium, which is essential for the healthy function of the thyroid and immune system. Selenium also has an essential role to play in your antioxidant defense system, helping to eliminate cancer-friendly free radicals in the body. Get Your B Vitamins. Turkey is considered a good source of vitamins B3 and B6, rated because of the density of these vitamins in the meat. A serving of turkey meat has 36 percent of the daily allowance of B3 and 27 percent of your recommended intake of B6. Benefit From Less Saturated Fat. Saturated fat is necessary for biological functions, hormone production, padding for organs and energy. While saturated fat is necessary for a healthy body, most moderately-active people need to avoid overindulging. Turkey has under 12 percent of the recommended daily allowance of saturated fat per 4-oz. serving.
Choose Organic, Pasture-Based Turkey
Grass-fed turkey raised under organic conditions convey the most health benefits. Grass-fed turkeys offer higher nutrition and are superior to birds given antibiotics or raised without access to natural pasture. Consider looking for a local, grass-based poultry farm when shopping for organic turkeys.