Wild mushrooms are the best non-animal source of vitamin D going and some have the added benefit of vitamins B and C as well. They are also a good source of antioxidants such as polyphenols that have been linked with cancer-risk reduction and antiaging.
To prevent mushroom poisoning, mushroom gatherers need to be very intimately familiar with the mushrooms they intend to collect, including knowledge of the toxic species that look similar to these edible species. Best buy from a trusted health store or supermarket.
1 cup Arborio rice ( or barley)
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 cups of sliced wild mushrooms,
3 to 4 cups stock - veggie
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon of olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bunch cilantro, rough chopped.
1. In a large skillet place oil, shallots and garlic, sauté gently till onion is tender.
2. Add rice and mix well with onion ensuring to coat each grain of rice in the oil.
3. Add the ½ the mushrooms and some stock, stirring constantly, the object is to have the rice absorb the stock before adding more stock.
4. Add seasoning and continue adding stock until rice is 2/3 rds cooked.
5. Add remaining mushrooms and more stock till rice is completely cooked and tender.
6. Add cream and cheese, mix well.
7. Serve with green salad and garnish with chopped cilantro.
8. Cooking the rice will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Stirring the skillet constantly will ensure the rice stays separate and does not stick
Special Diet: Vegetarian
Category: Vegetarian Entrees
Submitted By: OK In Health
Connect with Us
|Easy Ways to Reduce Your Energy Bill this Month|
|Add weather-stripping or caulking around windows, wear a warm sweater and turn the heat down a little, install door sweeps to help keep drafts from getting in, and clean or replace furnace filters to improve efficiency. |
|Specialty: Health Products & Companies|
Vanda is your local Distributor of Herbalife Products - Personalized Weight Management, Essential Nutrition, Targeted Nutrition, Energy and Fitness, Skin Care & Fragrances. Are you tired of no energy?
|The Kidney Foundation of Canada, BC Branch - Penticton Kidney Walk|
|Date: Sep 21, 2014|
Location: Penticton & South Okanagan
The Kidney Foundation of Canada, BC Branch, is excited to announce our 2014 Penticton Kidney Walk, September 21st at 10am at Gyro Park.
|Is There An Angel Who Fixes Cars?|
|God and the angels are limitless beings, so they’re able to help each and every person simultaneously. Some people argue that it’s not right for us to ask angels to do our bidding, as they have more important things to do. Yet, when I ask God and the angels about this, I always hear reassurances of their unlimited love and availability. They want us to be peaceful and happy, just as any loving parents would hope for their offspring. So when we ask Archangel...|
|Almost No Fat Vegan Brownies|
Description: These brownies are a delicious, low-fat, high-fiber indulgence. Vegans and omnivores will enjoy their rich flavor.